Tuesday, March 23, 2010

First Week


We have been here a week now. Last Saturday it was very cold and we struggled to keep warm even with the woodburner going in the living room and the electric heaters on. We slept with two duvets on the bed and hot water bottles in the bed.
Now, a week later the weather has improved and during the day the sun is warm and we have had lunch outside. Jim has been planting potatoes and onions in Peter’s rescued garden. If his leeks have fattened up a bit before they arrive in May we may get a meal off them yet.



Today we went on a sortie to plan the ‘nature trail’. We started along the path by the side of the river as far as was practical without climbing. Jim will have to clear a route up the side of the steep field beyond and I agreed to clear all the rocks and debris off the path.



There were a few spring flowers out along the route. Brimstones and peacocks were in evidence in the first field, which I shall call the Redwood field as that is were we planted to the Sequoia two years ago. It is now about four times the size and looking good.

I have been working a little on my OU French Course and managed to get my first TMA done and submitted in the nick of time although I cannot understand the messages that Orange keep sending me on my new iPhone. Serves me right for buying a French one. Jim says I have no more credit and must top it up. I haven’t managed to phone anyone yet or send any messages as there is no signal down here in the valley. Shall try in Figeac tomorrow.



My new number is 0640176280 and the mill, which is working again now, is: 0033471436173. Broadband has been requested but we have to wait for that. At the moment we log on in a café in Maurs or Figeac.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers